Please mark your calendar for the upcoming IRIS Events:
• Support Group Meeting – Sept. 28th, at 7 pm at the IRIS office ~ 101 NW 3rd St. Faribault, MN – This is open to all bereaved parents regardless of where they live.
• Pepsi Grant Voting: visit the IRIS website www.irisRemembers.com Voting ends 9/30/10 Please vote… we really need your help to win the $250,000 to train others across the USA
• October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month
• Balloon Release and Potluck: Oct. 3rd at Kinder Park (corner of 17th St. and 14th Ave. in NW Faribault, MN) – This is open to all bereaved parents, family and friends regardless of where they live.
Potluck at 12 noon: IRIS will provide drinking water, plates, silverware, and napkins. Bring your favorite items to share.
Balloon Release at 2 pm: Bring your own balloons. (No Mylar please) You are welcome to place tags on your balloons at home or use the ones that IRIS will have at the park.
• October 15: Remembrance Day. Light a candle at 7 pm, at home, to honor and remember your child.
• Common Burial: will be held in Oct. date TBA.
• November 25th : IRIS 2nd Annual 5K TURKEY TROT! This is Thanksgiving morning… come join us for a 5K chipped timed run or 5K walk. You will be home in time for lunch! Registration can be found at www.irisRemembers.com or give us a call at (507) 334-4748
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED!
• Holiday Service of Remembrance: Sunday Dec.5 at 2 pm at the Chapel of the Good Shepherd Shattuck Campus ~ 1000 Shumway Ave. in NE Faribault. More info can be found at www.irisRemembers.com more info added weekly!
– This is open to all bereaved parents regardless of where they live.
• December 12 ~ Compassionate Friends World Wide Children’s Memorial Day ~ light a candle in your time zone at 7pm to honor and remember.